Wednesday, June 08, 2005

that my grandma is evil V

we seem to be on a roll.

the evil, in this case, takes the form of a birthday card.

the card itself:
outside: four cartoon drawings. in each, the same man milks a different cow.
inside: "It's your birthday! Milk it for all it's worth"

what my grandmother wrote:
upper right hand corner: "For June 4, 2005"
above printed message: "ee,"
bellow printed message: "Grandmother"

Analysis:
1. The card itself is snotty. My grandma is calling me selfish and, potentially, a bunch of other things. This card with this message, while sent in good-fun from a reasonable human being, is a pointed snipe from my grandma.
2. She never addresses me as "ee" but rather always by my full first name and she never refers to herself as "grandmother" but rather "grandma." She's making a point of being cold and distant.
3. The traditional check - because she can't be bothered to think about anyone else long enough to figure out what a nice gift might be - is conspicuously absent.

Conclusion:
My grandma gets more and more evil EVERY DAY and I am . . . (drum roll, please) . . . RIGHT AGAIN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home